Wellbeing services county of Kainuu – at your service
Wellbeing services county of Kainuu (Kainuun hyvinvointialue)
provides social welfare and health care services. At this site you find information of
- urgent health care in Kainuu
- services of a dentist (public health care) in Kainuu
- family centers (incl. maternity and child health clinics)
- client fees.
If you need more information on COVID-19 (Corona virus) epidemic, please go to our COVID-19 -pages
(13.7.2021 The appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine has been opened)
Basic information on vaccines
Vaccines are used to create immunity against infectious diseases. Many of these diseases have already been eradicated from Finland, and vaccines have also reduced their incidence worldwide. Basic information on vaccines
In emergency situation, please use national emergency telephone number 112.
Learn more and check ERC FINLAND pages.
Call the emergency number if there is an emergency threatening your life, health, property or environment or you have reason to suspect such a threat.
- Call the emergency telephone number in person, if you can.
- Explain what happened.
- Give an exact address and municipality.
- Answer any questions asked.
- Follow any given instruction.
- Do not ring off until given a permission to do so.
- Direct caregivers onto the site.
Kainuu is a forerunner in Finland in terms of integrating primary health care services with specialized medical care as well as social services. Kainuun hyvinvointialue is the biggest employer in the region with about 4000 employees.
Learn about social and health care in Finland:
Kainuu and Kainuun hyvinvointialue offers exellent job opportunities: